Labor Day is upon us. What better way to celebrate these fleeting days of summer than with some lobster. Sunny Maine days are made for clam bakes on the beach, seafood BBQs and lobster boils. Here are five easy recipes for your lobster leftovers that go beyond a basic lobster roll. Enjoy!
1. The Lobster Club – The juxtaposition of the salty, crispy bacon against the sweet lobster meat and the savory cheese is heavenly. As an added bonus, lobster is leaner than the traditional turkey or chicken club sandwich fillings.
2. Lobster Grilled Cheese Sandwich – Fire up your George Foreman Grill for this magnificent merger of humble grilled cheese and luxurious Maine lobster.
3. Lobster Fettuccine Alfredo – Some pasta and Alfredo sauce are all you need to transform a handful of left over lobster meat into a satisfying dinner. Toss in some jumbo shrimp for an extra injection of texture and protein.
4. Lobster Pasta with Mascarpone and Peas – The creamy, smooth texture and subtle flavor of the mascarpone cheese in this dish enhances the sweet, succulent taste of lobster. Fresh garden peas enhance the essence of summer.
5. Lobster Newburg – This recipe, handed down from my grandmother to my mother and then to me, is as simple as it is delicious. No cognac or sherry. No eggs or cream. Just a basic white sauce, enhanced with some nutmeg and Cayenne pepper, ladled over toasted saltine crackers.
Enjoy! And if you have any lobster recipes that you are happy for me to share on this blog, please send them my way (you can contact me by filling in the form below).